Why choose Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (EFT)?
You may have wondered why it is you can talk to just about anybody but your partner with no problem, but as soon as an issue comes up between you, it seems you just can’t communicate at all.
EFT helps you learn:
- Why the things you say and do make such a strong impact on each other
- How to make sense of the intense emotions that are triggered by such seemingly minor incidents
- How to recognize and talk about your feelings in ways your partner can hear and understand
- How to express the deeper feelings and unmet needs that are at the core of the issue
What makes EFT different from other types of couples therapy?
- EFT works. 70% of couples report a complete recovery, and 95% of the time there is improvement
- EFT focuses on your attachment, your bond, on what makes our love relationships unique
- An EFT therapist doesn’t take sides. We help you both understand and make sense of the patterns you get stuck in
- EFT therapists recognize the power of interdependence. We are wired for connection. No one is “too needy”, and no one is an island. We need each other to survive.
- EFT can help heal old wounds or betrayals from long ago that are still popping up during fights today
Do you have questions? Please feel free to email