What is Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)?
- EMDR is a comprehensive approach to therapy that has been researched and proven to be effective for the treatment of trauma
- Moving the eyes from side to side, or using other types of bilateral stimulation, causes the brain to make new neuroconnections, new pathways that allow to you see things from a new perspective
- EMDR helps people eliminate distress, develop a new point of view and put the pieces of the puzzle together
- EMDR therapy has helped millions of people of all ages relieve many types of psychological stress
What makes EMDR different from talk therapy?
- There’s not as much talking. Most of the processing is done inside
- Focusing on images, thoughts, emotions and body sensations involves more areas of your brain than just talking does. It helps you release and let go of what you don’t need
- It’s quicker and more effective, especially for treating trauma
What kinds of issues does EMDR help?
- EMDR is best known for treating trauma caused by accidents, assaults, natural disasters, war and other life-threatening situations
- EMDR is also effective at treating childhood abuse or other disturbing life experiences that are getting in the way today!
If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please feel free to email